Monday 9 May 2011

30 Before 30 Project

The 30 Before 30 Project was initiated by me, for me. In 2 years, 1 month today, I will be 30, and a realisation dawned on me that I haven't read enough books. Well, good books. You know, the classics that you should have read in school, Uni etc. Aside from reading Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit for the millionth times again recently, most of my reading time in the last few months has been taken up by the Sookie Stackhouse novels (the originator of True Blood) - so not exactly fine reading, but great trashy reads nonetheless :)

So I asked for some suggestions from my good friends on Facebook in order to read 30 books before I turn 30. They came up with loads of great books, and I have just finished my first; Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I've wanted to read this for a while now, and I'm gutted I waited so long - it's awesome! Definately a keeper, I'll read it again for sure.

Next up: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, followed by Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys.

No comments:

Post a Comment