Monday 9 May 2011

My 365 Project - latest addition!

'Dying Tulip' - 2011
I bought a pretty bunch of tulips for my kitchen table. As they started to die, they got more and more interesting and I couldn't resist getting my camera out. I photographed them clinging to their last day of life - the following day, all the petals had dropped away.


During the last 3 years, I have been suffering with depression. It's been a massive struggle at times and I think I'm only now forming a better understanding of my condition and beginning to understand it.

This year, I want my life to get better, and I've decided to document my thoughts and feelings by posting a photo a day that I feel represents my progress, on www.365.com/naomicandice. It could be something I see that makes me happy, something that represents a sad day, or an image that gives me encouragement...

At times it may be upsetting. At times it may be a struggle. But I think this is something that will help people understand what it's like from my point of view, and it will help me focus on my recovery.

As I'm documenting my depression, I thought this dying tulip was an excellent image to represent the internal feelings and thoughts I get sometimes on a bad day. The struggle of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment